Q: Window stopped working

asked by on February 13, 2016

The motor in the driver's side door window stopped working. I think it just needs a new motor or is off the track.

Hi. The power window system is pretty simple. Pressing the up button applies power to the DC power window motor. The motor then lifts the window via the regulator, which is a scissor-type lifting device. Pressing the button down reverses the direction of the DC motor and brings the window down. A trained professional can remove your door panel to diagnose the window system’s problem. I suggest you contact YourMechanic for your window repair.