Q: The message comes on reduce engine power.

asked by on December 15, 2016

The message comes on reduce engine power
My 2004 GMC truck has an automatic transmission.

Reduced Power light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The reduced engine power message could mean that something went wrong with the engine or transmission. There are multiple sensors and systems in the vehicle to cause this message to appear. Hook up a scanner to the computer of the vehicle and check for any codes that may appear. This will give you a starting place for diagnosing your reduce engine power message. The computer has put the vehicle into limp mode. If you need further assistance with the reduced engine power message, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.