Q: Evaporator Temperature Sensor (Switch)

The issue i am having is as described in one of your articles. See the link:

The compressor works continually without cutting off. There was a time when it worked briefly but suddenly stopped cutting off.

I learnt the are two ETS under the glove box near the evaporator and i would like to know the part number for easy replacement.

Thank ou for the good works.

A: Hello. It is possible that the problem is w...

Hello. It is possible that the problem is with the evaporator temperature sensor. If this fails, it can affect the efficiency of the AC system. Most of the time though, when the compressor continually works on this car it is because the system is low. If the system is full then the sensors should be tested. There are different part numbers depending on if it is a manual or automatic system. If you want to have this AC issue looked at, consider having a technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to diagnose the AC issue and replace the evaporator temperature sensor if necessary.