Just replaced the starter. 1st try worked great. Next 4 t...

Q: Just replaced the starter. 1st try worked great. Next 4 trys only a click at starter. All lights work. Not a batt prob.

asked by on September 23, 2017

Just replaced the starter. 1st try worked great. Next 4 trys only a click at starter. All lights work. Not a batt prob. Any ideas?

Hello, thank you for writing in. There may be one of several issues going on. First, make sure all of the electrical connections to the starter, including the ground, are clean, dry, and tight. Secondly, a shim is often needed to make sure that the started is properly aligned. The starter itself would need to be realigned at that point. Lastly, and least likely although it does happen, would be a faulty replacement starter. If all else fails, have them refund it and get another one if possible. For more help with diagnostics and potential repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.