Q: i need a alternator

the dash board went red and all lights on. The car won't start.

Hello, thank you for writing in. You are correct in thinking that your charging system has failed. This is very likely the situation at hand. With that being said, you should still have your battery tested. Typically this is a free service at most automotive parts stores. If the battery passes the tests, you will want to turn your attention to the alternator. The alternator may be tested while inside the vehicle if you own a voltmeter and ohmmeter. If the alternator tests out of specified range it will need to be replaced. If you need assistance with this procedure, you may contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. i need a alternator