Q: Guage, fuel and thermostat needles moving very fast

Hi today when I started my car, after driving for less than a minute all the needles on the dashboard started moving too fast and the symbols blinked on and off from D to P (Drive to Parked). I took off my foot from the gas, also saw the coolant symbol blinked for the first time ever since I bought this car eight months back. This all happened for hardly 3-4 seconds and then the car drove fine. But could this be a sign that something might need attention?

A: You may have a connection that is getting c...

You may have a connection that is getting corroded and is causing intermittent connection problems. If the problem happens again then have the connection to the dashboard cluster disconnected and then add dielectric lube to connection and pins. At the same time do the same to body and engine control modules. Afterwards, road test the car to see if the problem is fixed or if the cluster has any faults. Before anything is disconnected I suggest scanning the system for codes. If you need some help with this, consider contacting a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic. They will be able to perform these checks and pinpoint your car’s electrical issue.