Q: Hear clicking sound when air conditioner is on

When the air conditioner is on, and sometimes even when it is not, I can hear a loud, fast clicking sound from the driver's side dash. If I constantly change the mode of the air flow, I can get the clicking to stop. When I turn it on highI always get cold air. I am not even sure the heater works at all.

The clicking noise is most likely being emitted by one of the actuators that control the ducts in your air conditioning system. When they go bad they often make the clicking noise you are referring to. Depending on where the actuator is located, the dash may need to be removed from your car to service it. I would ask for assistance from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic in fixing this clicking sound.

3. Hear clicking sound when air conditioner is on