Q: Engine feels like it is getting no fuel and won't start.

Car will not start. Even though the starter motor works, the engine will not engage. The engine doesn't seem like it is getting any fuel.

A: First, it must be determined whether you ha...

First, it must be determined whether you have an engine that doesn't crank at all, or an engine that cranks but doesn’t start. If the engine doesn't crank at all, you have a problem with the starting/charging system or the engine is seized. If the engine cranks normally but doesn't start, you likely have a problem with fuel or spark delivery. A trained technician, like the ones at YourMechanic, will be able to isolate and diagnose the problem for you.