Q: Engine went into "limp home mode with power train fault wrench indicated in dash. It will not accelerate. Not pulling any load.

Car lost acceleration. Power train wrench appeared. Engine is on and limps along. Not drivable.

Hi there. Your vehicle’s wrench light, Check Engine Light and lack of performance go hand in hand. The vehicle’s PCM (powertrain control module) has recognized a fault and put the vehicle into limp home mode. It could be, a throttle actuator problem or APP (accelerator pedal position sensor) problem. Accessing the vehicle’s computer for trouble codes may help identify the area of concern. It could be a fuel delivery or ignition system fault. There are a variety of component failures that could cause your vehicle’s drivability issue. I recommend having your vehicle’s lost of acceleration be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician from YourMechanic.

3. Engine went into "limp home mode with power train fault wrench indicated in dash. It will not accelerate. Not pulling any load.