Q: Holley 570 CFM for 454 engine

asked by on December 18, 2017

Hi I changed my 350 engine (1978 k5 blazer) with 454 Chevy Gen v and everything in this engine is stock. now I have a new Holley Performance 0-83570 Street Avenger Carburetor with 570 cfm. is it suitable Carb for 454 engine or I have to change it? thanks

Going from a 350 to a 454 engine may require you to have the carburetor rebuilt to install larger main jets to get the engine to run good and have good power. A 650 carburetor would better suit the 454 and may even need bigger if the 454 has had performance modifications. I would see how the engine runs with the 570 cfm carb as is first and you may find it will run the 454 just fine and nothing needs to be done. If you get hesitations and low power then it will need the larger jets or bigger carb.