Q: 08 impala has engine power reduced light on. Car starts

Engine power reduced light is on. Car starts & shuts back off. What is the cause of this?

Hello, Unfortunately, this is a common issue in many Impalas. This can happen when the catalytic converter is clogged or has also been known to happen when the traction control system has encountered an error. This light comes on as a way for the computer to reduce any potential further damage to any problems it has detected. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose using a scanning tool which will help to further narrow down what may be causing this to happen.

3. 08 impala has engine power reduced light on. Car starts