Q: I have dodge dakota 2003. I replaced the waterpump and thermastat but my truck is still overheating i have to constantly put fluid

Changed waterpump and thermastat but my truck is still overheating and it just completely dead all together any advice all my sensor lights came on at once causing the whole truck to shut down.

Hi there:

An engine will overheat any time the cooling system is malfunctioning (i.e., when the coolant doesn’t absorb, transport, and dissipate heat effectively). There are several individual components that comprise the cooling system on our 2003 Dodge that could be damaged, however, it’s also common for internal engine parts like the head gasket that can be damaged or causing coolant to leak internally that can also cause overheating issues. The best thing for you to do is have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is overheating inspection first; so they can determine why your Dakota is causing this problem.

• I have dodge dakota 2003. I replaced the waterpump and thermastat but my truck is still overheating i have to constantly put fluid