Q: Noise when turning wheel

My car is making a lot of noise when I turn the steering wheel.

A: This noise you are hearing is likely coming...

This noise you are hearing is likely coming from the power steering pump. If your power steering system is low on fluid or if the pump is going bad, the pump will make a growling sound. I would recommend locating your power steering fluid reservoir under the hood and checking its level. If the fluid level is low, top off the fluid with the correct type to the specified level. Then turn the steering wheel all the way left, then all the way right, then back to center a few times. If the noise goes away, the cause was the low fluid. If the noise remains, the power steering pump is going bad and should be replaced. If this is the case, ensure the repair gets done by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic as the steering of the vehicle relates to your safety.