Q: Check engine light on

My Check Engine light is on all the time. I have tried disconnecting the battery and tried disconnecting the negative cable. None of these work to make the light go away. So how do I reset the Check Engine light? Thank you.

Hello. When the Check Engine Light is on in the dashboard, this is an indication that there is a problem that needs to be addressed. The only way to make the engine light go out permanently is to fix the problem that is causing the Check Engine Light to come on in the first place. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and complete an inspection in order to determine why the Check Engine Light is on, and make the necessary repairs. This should solve the problem that you are experiencing with your Check Engine Light being on all the time.

3. Check engine light on