Q: My Ford F150 loses power while idling and while in reverse. It shakes and stalls out.

asked by on August 22, 2017

My 07 Ford F150 loses power while idling and while in reverse. It starts to shake and sputter then it stalls out. What can it be?

Hi Marianna. There are a few possible sources that are causing the engine on your Ford F-150 to run rough then stall, ranging from a mass air flow sensor, EGR valve or fuel injectors that are dirty or damaged, to possible issues with ignition system components, like spark plugs or plug wires that are worn out and need to be replaced. Due to the fact that so many possible components could be causing this problem, it might be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car starts then dies inspection.