Q: When I press on the gas, it feels like it's pulling and making a grinding noise..i drive a 2006 Buick Ranier, what could be causin

asked by on March 14, 2017

I drove a 2006 Buick Rainer, and when I press on the gas it feels like it's pulling, also makes a slight grinding noise. When it is started but in park sometimes the rpm 10000 thing goes between 1 and 2. What could be causing this?

Hi there. In most cases, when the car pulls to one side and you hear a grinding noise as the car accelerates, it is caused by a wheel bearing that is beginning to fail. Wheel bearings enable wheels on a car to spin freely and stay secured to the car. Cars have four wheel bearings, one located at each wheel. If the wheel bearings wear out, you will feel the wheels and steering wheel shake, hear a grinding noise or cause the car to pull to one side. It’s also possible that a different suspension component or the CV axle is causing this problem. Due to the multiple possibilities, it’s a good idea to have a professional mechanic complete a car is making a noise inspection, so they can test drive your vehicle and pinpoint the source of this problem so the right repairs can be made.