Q: How do you replace a high beam headlight bulb?

How do you replace a high beam headlight bulb?

Without operational headlights, you’re not safe driving on the road in low-light situations (dusk or at night). Not only can you not see where you’re going, but other drivers cannot see you. If one of your headlight bulbs has blown, you’ll need to replace it. Here’s how to do that:

1. You have separate high and low beams. First, make sure you know which one is blown.

2. Make sure you’ve bought the right replacement bulb. Honda specifies an HB4 bulb for the low beam and an HB3 bulb for the high beam.

• Open the hood.

• Push the tab on the coupler for the headlight you need to replace.

• Turn the old bulb and pull it out.

• Insert the new bulb and lock it in place.

• Reconnect the coupler.

• Turn on your high beams and make sure the headlight works.

Tip

Use only halogen bulbs in your car – HB3 and HB4 bulbs are the only headlights you should install.

3. How do you replace a high beam headlight bulb?