Q: My car is cranking for a while before starting and then accelerating slowly. What do I need to do to fix that problem?

I turn the key in the ignition, turn the key to crank and it cranks for about 7+ seconds before finally turning. After that it accelerates at a very slow rate. It only goes about 20 miles an hour for a while then after about 5 to 6 minutes slowly picks up speed. I want to know what I need to do to fix these problems.

Is it possible that you can have a clogger restriction in your fuel system. It is also possible that your fuel pump could be getting weak. I would recommend having your fuel filter and fuel pump inspected by a qualified professional to determine if they are functioning properly. Consider YourMechanic as inspection such as these can be performed at your home or office.

3. My car is cranking for a while before starting and then accelerating slowly. What do I need to do to fix that problem?