Q: Car won't start

asked by on February 04, 2017

I have a 1995 toyota Corolla and having issues with it not starting. It cranks over for a bit then starts to sputter like it's getting ready to start while cranking then just goes back to cranking over. Its got a new battery in it,new fuel pump all fuses and relays are good. Not really mechanically inclined so any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated...car is right around 200k in miles.

Spark Plugs Replacement $96.63 - $636.71 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the three essentials that an engine needs to run. Air, Fuel, and Spark. If you have fuel and the fuel pump is working, then check the air filter and see if its plugged up. If the air filter is good, then check the park plugs and see if they are firing. A weak spark plug will cause the engine to sputter and stall out.

If you need further assistance with your engine not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.