Q: Water leaking into the rear floorboard

asked by on May 21, 2016

I have trouble after rain with water leaking into the rear floorboard. The front ones are damp, but the rear ones are soaked, with standing water in them. I can't find a leak in my sunroof and the seats aren't wet. What would be causing this?

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The sun roof drains are plugged in the channel that is in the front. Open the sun roof and look in the rain channel and look for the drain holes. Try and pour some water in the hole and see if the water drains or over flows into the roof and down into the car. If they are blocked then try and use a straw or small hose and blow into the drain to try and clear them. Do not use high pressure air or it will blow the hose off the tube and water will flow into the roof and not out of the drain. If you cannot clear the drain, then a mechanic will have to come and inspect the leak, then clear the drain for you.