Q: Have you come across any major problems with 2012 Volvo XC70. In looking at a used 3.2L with 61,332 miles. Will there be a lot of

Sorry; will the xc70 2012 with 61,332 miles have a lot of maintenance costs? I'm looking at a used xc70 for sale, just curious about maintenance costs. Asking price is $18,799.

To evaluate the wisdom of a used car purchase you should do three things: 1) Input the year, make and model into the NHTSA database of consumer complaints and read about other owner’s experiences have been with the specific year, make, and model. The NHTSA database is a goldmine as it reveals all the "common" stuff that WILL go wrong with that model; 2) Review the "reliability database" that Consumer Report’s (CR) publishes every year on all individual makes and models. I took a quick, initial look: for your specific year, make and model, CR judges the car as only "average" in reliability. Body integrity is a notable (below average) weak spot as is the car’s fuel system and audio system. You should though read the full report (available free in the library) as 17 different reliability categories are reported for the car; 3) Finally, you should have the car that you have settled on thoroughly inspected by a certified mechanic for obvious reasons. Such a pre-purchase inspection can be scheduled via YourMechanic. If you have additional concerns, or follow-up questions, by all means please let us know.

• Have you come across any major problems with 2012 Volvo XC70. In looking at a used 3.2L with 61,332 miles. Will there be a lot of