Q: Doesn't turn on without the Check Engine Light coming on

I have a1993 Camry LE 2.2. My car doesn't turn on without the Check Engine light popping up. It takes My like 10 minutes for the car to turn on. After it turns on and I leave it warmed up for 10-15 minutes doesn't turn off. But the next day won't turn on idk if it's a sensor. It is a high mileage car 310k. Runs good. And it shakes while on Drive but as soon as I step on the gas doesn't shake. So can anyone help me out with this. And after it turns on the Check Engine light does turn off. But idk what is the problem.

Hi there. It sounds like the EFI relay is sticking or has resistance internally. This relay provides power to the engine computer. If it delays that power, then there is a delay in the Check Engine Light displaying and the engine starting. The Check Engine Light is there during start up to show that the engine computer is on and powered up. Try replacing that relay and see if the condition continues. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. YourMechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a starting issue inspection and service your ECM relay as necessary.

3. Doesn't turn on without the Check Engine Light coming on