Q: Car jerks forward.

I have a 2007 Chevrolet Malibu. Sometimes when I start the car after it hasn't been driven for a few hours, it jerks forward even though it's in park with the e-brake on. This doesn't happen every time, but it's always after it's been sitting and the engine has cooled down completely. What do you think this could be?

A: The manufacturer has issued a technical bul...

The manufacturer has issued a technical bulletin on this condition. They say that this is caused by residual fluid left in the clutch packs inside the transmission after it was shut off and can cause a slight jerk on cold start. This is a normal condition and no repair actions should be taken according to the bulletin. The bulletin number is 08-07-30-026B dated May 23, 2013