Q: Car jerks forward.

I have a 2007 Chevrolet Malibu. Sometimes when I start the car after it hasn't been driven for a few hours, it jerks forward even though it's in park with the e-brake on. This doesn't happen every time, but it's always after it's been sitting and the engine has cooled down completely. What do you think this could be?

The manufacturer has issued a technical bulletin on this condition. They say that this is caused by residual fluid left in the clutch packs inside the transmission after it was shut off and can cause a slight jerk on cold start. This is a normal condition and no repair actions should be taken according to the bulletin. The bulletin number is 08-07-30-026B dated May 23, 2013

3. Car jerks forward.