Q: check engine light is on

asked by on December 21, 2016

I'm worried that my car will break down on me.I really liked my car but I'm unemployed and I will work for anybody and anything as payment if they can fix my car.thnks

Hi there. For the check engine light being on, to start, get a code reader and scan the codes to the computer to have a starting place with diagnosing your engine. The computer can store a lot of codes from the engine, transmission, brakes, steering, body, fuel system, emissions, and airbag system. So there is a vast area to check. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with your check engine light being on.