Q: 2006 ram1500 will not go into gear or no brake lights

asked by on December 13, 2017

Truck will not go into drive reverse and the brake lights are not working

In your application, the brake light switch may be integral to the circuit that communicates with the anti-lock brake system as well as the shifter and ignition locks. If the brake light switch has failed, that circuit failure can prevent the shifter from moving out of park. Test the brake light switch for proper operation and if failed, replace it. Alternatively, if you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a no shift/brake light switch diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.