Q: driver's door ajar light will not go off, computer not working, reset button does not work

My brother accidently slammed the driver's door and the seat belt shut. And now the "driver door ajar" light will not go off. Nothing will work on the computer screen. Where is the driver's door sensor located and how do I reboot the computer system? The reset button on the panel does nothing.

A: The drivers door ajar switch is mounted on ...

The drivers door ajar switch is mounted on the door latch inside the driver’s door. If you check the striker where the latch hits in the door jam to see if it was moved. You should be able to see if it is moved by revealing clean paint areas around the striker.

If it moved, then have it put back to the correct position to operate the door ajar switch and door latch. If this does not fix the door ajar light, then the latch and switch may have gotten damaged and may have blown a fuse in the process that would power the computer screen also. Have the door inspected and repaired by a mechanic as needed by looking at the damaged switch and determining if it will require a door panel removal.