Q: What do I need to do to become a mechanic?

i want to become an auto mechanic what subjects do i need to have good grades in

Today’s vehicles are complex. To be a good mechanic, you need a basic understanding of all the core educational requirements including English and math. A good understanding of computers, both how to use them and how they work, is also beneficial. When you get into high school and college, you’ll want to look into automotive vocational courses. It’s never too early to start working on your own car, or a family car as well. You can teach yourself a lot by jumping in and getting your hands dirty while consulting a repair manual. There are printed repair manuals available from companies such as Haynes and Chilton. Autozone also offers free online repair manuals for many vehicles and ALLDATA offers single vehicle subscriptions.

3. What do I need to do to become a mechanic?