Q: Getting error code P0128

asked by on March 16, 2016

The Check Engine light is coming on and I am getting error code P0128.

This code is a sign that the engine did not get to operating temperature in a specified amount of time and the computer turns on the Check Engine Light. The most common problem is that the engine thermostat is partly stuck open or stuck wide open. The engine would need the thermostat removed and inspected then replaced if bad. If the sensor was tested okay then the temperature sensor may be faulty and needs tested. I recommend you seek a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to come and test your vehicle for the Check Engine Light being on.