Q: Power steering pump pulley

I am having a hard time finding any information of pulley specs for my 1979 corvette power steering pump. I replaced the pump and in the process destroyed the old pulley. I need to know what size inner bore to get for the new power steering pump. I do know it is a press fit type pully so I put a caliper to the pump shaft and it measured in at .748". Do I get a pully with a inner bore diameter of .748" or do I get one slightly smaller like .688"? I have never dealt with a press fit pulley before so I want to make sure I get a good fit.

A: The shaft size and hole size will only be a...

The shaft size and hole size will only be about .003" difference. The shaft if it measures .748" then the pulley hole will be about .745". This way the pulley will press on and be tight. If you need help with this, a technician from YourMechanic can come to the site of your car to replace or install the power steering pump pulley.