Q: Car not moving after shifting

asked by on February 24, 2016

My car shifts into gear, but it won't move.

Gears slipping when accelerating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Your transmission consists of many different components. These mechanical and electrical components need to work in sync in order for your transmission to work properly. Your gear shifter may be moving, but if the solenoids internally are not functioning properly your vehicle will not be able to shift out of park internally. I recommend having a professional mechanic come diagnose your gear issue in order for the correct repairs to be made.