Q: Service stabilizer and traction control warning is on.

I PUT A NEW TIRE ON THE FRONT PASSENGER SIDE OF MY SUV ABOUT A WEEK AGO. NOW MY STABILIZER and traction control warning light is on. I googled it and its saying maybe some dust got on my sensor. What could be the problem and is it safe to drive it, since its not the main brake system.

Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your ABS and traction control system to determine the cause for this.