Q: When I come to a stop it almost dies

I just bought this car and when I come to a stop it almost dies

A: There are several issues that could cause y...

There are several issues that could cause your A4 to nearly stall as you slow down. Most of the time, it's caused by an idle control valve that is damaged or dirty; however, vacuum leaks could also cause rough idle situations.

Fuel injectors that are clogged or dirty may also cause this symptom to occur. My best advice would be to clean each of those components or have a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the source of your idling problems.