Q: Ticking sounds coming from the hood and weird noise of the tires

I have a problem with my car, on which I do regular maintenance, check the tires, change the oil regularly etc. It has some noises that are coming from under the hood. These are like ticking noises that change as I change the RPMs. It sounds as if there is not enough oil, but there is actually. It happens when I increase or decrease the RPM and I am not sure if it is coming from the engine or somewhere else. There is also another sound coming from the tires, that doesn't go away when I turn the engine off. Please help.

A: A ticking that changes frequency in line wi...

A ticking that changes frequency in line with engine RPM can be an indication of a collapsed lifter. Replacing a lifter requires a good amount of the upper engine to be taken apart to swap it out. It is hard to determine exactly which lifter is the issue since the engine should not be run with the valve cover off. So a complete set of lifters might be the recommended course of repair.

As far as the tire noise, the tread needs to be inspected for a possible chopping pattern. This can also sound like a wheel bearing issue as well. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the tools and expertise to inspect both noises and make the appropriate repairs.