Q: When I put the automatic gear in reverse it moves forward. It is Toyota Sienna LE 2004.

asked by on March 19, 2017

When I put the gear on reverse car moves forward since yesterday.

Gears slipping when accelerating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The transmission reverse input clutch is slipping. Check the fluid to the transmission and smell it. If the oil smells like its burnt, then the transmission would need to be rebuilt or replaced. I recommend dropping the oil pan on the transmission and changing the fluid and filter screen. If the transmission continues to have a failed reverse condition, then I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with your transmission.