Q: Mechanical problem with my car - 2010 Infiniti EX35

I have an Infiniti Ex35 and I just drove about 180 miles and as I arrived at my destination my car started putting all of the sudden, meaning when I press on the gas it wouldnt go anywhere it would just putt like go for a second and pull back. I parked it about a block later and noticed my service engine soon light came on and my water gauge was on H. I tried to press on gas in park and it wouldnt rev up or do anything? I then checked my coolant and realized it was empty? What does all this mean? What could be wrong and what do I need to do?

A: Hello there, many different faults could ca...

Hello there, many different faults could cause your Infiniti EX35 to run poorly. With the coolant gauge reading hot and the lack of coolant it sounds like your car overheated. When cars overheat the computer will put them into a failsafe mode which prevents further damage but severely limits power and speed. There are many potential causes for the car to overheat, with the most common being the water pump, coolant leak, radiator, or radiator hoses. If you’d like to have this checked, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the overheating and determine what is causing it.