Q: Why is my oil filter crushing/squeezing after few minutes of driving?

Hello Team, i just serviced my car with my mechanic and noticed my Engine oil indicator came on. I called him about it and he came over to change the oil filter. He then changed it and after driving for some minutes the indicator came on again. so far we have changed over 6 filters and still with the same crushing problem. Please what do you think the problem is?

A: I would suggest checking the oil passages a...

I would suggest checking the oil passages and oil pump. This can happen when oil passages get clogged and the oil pump has to work harder to pump oil. The pressure from the overworking of the oil pump can cause it to crush the oil filter. Since the oil filter in your car is a paper element, it does not take too much pressure for this to happen. I would suggest having an certified expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose your oil light firsthand and make the necessary repairs.