Q: Where would be the best place to find a used vehicle, and what things should I be looking out for when getting a used vehicle?

I'm looking for a new vehicle and would like recommendations on where I could find the best deal for a used car.

I'm also looking for things that I should be looking out for that I can catch right away to prevent wasting money and time on vehicles that are not worth my time.

A: Hi there. This is a great question since I ...

Hi there. This is a great question since I just went through this process myself to get a used truck for my job. My first suggestion is to first get a pre-purchase inspection by a qualified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic. The mechanic could possibly find a problem that may be very expensive and save you from buying an unreliable car.

To answer your two questions: "Where is the best place to buy one"? The best place to buy a used vehicle is where you can find a fair price without compromising reliability and quality. You may find an individual or a dealer that has a great deal. My vehicle was from an individual that needed a car for their job and had to get rid of his truck. They had all the service records and seemed to be very honest. I checked and found the vehicle to be a great price and a perfect match for what I was looking for.

Be wary of a very underpriced vehicle. Before you go looking for car, get online prices to get an idea of what it should cost you. Some dealers have great prices when cash and checks are brought forth. Do your research, I looked at several vehicles before finding one that did not have major potential problems. Some of the major things to look out for are: Engine, transmission, cooling system, major under carriage rust, warning lights on the dash, tires and brakes. All these may cost quite a bit to repair.