Q: Why does my car "skip" when I accelerate from a complete stop

asked by on March 04, 2017

It's a 2016 Ford focus with 30,000 miles

Engine is misfiring Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Typically when an engine ’skips’ it is due to an ignition misfire. All combustion engines have a firing order in which each cylinder is designed to complete the combustion process in a certain order. The "skip" occurs when one of the cylinders doesn’t fire when it is supposed. It can be caused by a fuel delivery or ignition system component failure. If this is a random problem, it could be as simple as caused by "dirty fuel" or a loose wire somewhere. The best way to diagnose the root source of this problem is to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an engine is misfiring inspection.