Q: Radiator takes water out in the top radiator hose is bone dry and water is not running through it

Radiator takes water out. When you take the cap off and the car is running. Also top radiator hose is bone dry and water is not running through it....

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2004 Buick Rendezvous. When the engine is cold, the thermostat will remain closed and keep coolant circulating through the engine to be warmed up faster. Once the coolant inside reaches operating temperature, the thermostat will open and allow coolant to flow to the radiator. If you are getting no flow at all, even with the engine getting hot, then the water pump may be faulty. If you need help having this looked at, a certified technician can inspect the system and replace your water pump if necessary.

• Radiator takes water out in the top radiator hose is bone dry and water is not running through it