Q: Electronic door lock/unlock can't be unlocked from inside car

Because of a malfunction, the electronic door lock/unlock mechanism can not be unlocked from the inside of my car. It automatically locks upon driving and it is made to unlock when the handle inside is used to open the door, but it will not unlock. When the car is moving, the door locks; however, it will not unlock until after the car has been put in Park. If there is an emergency and I need to get out of my car immediately, this is a serious safety problem. In your professional experience, what will fix this problem in my car?

Hello. Most of the time this is caused by a malfunction in the door lock switch. I have seen the switch short internally and cause this. I have also seen the control module for the locks fail, keeping them from unlocking properly. I usually use a computer scan tool to see what the module is doing when the lock switch it cycled. This will let me know if it is seeing the unlock and lock signal as it should. If it is and it is not functioning, then the module is bad. If you plan on getting this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your door locks and perform the appropriate repairs.

3. Electronic door lock/unlock can't be unlocked from inside car