Q: My truck cranks but won't start - 2000 GMC Sierra 1500

First the idle was rough in mornings until truck got warm, then one day it stalled and would not start (it cranks over). I changed fuel filter and fuel pump relay truck started and ran. Cleared codes by removing battery cable and now truck won't start. It try to run but stalls immediately after. Not sure if MAF sensor or something else

Hi and thanks for your question. It sounds like a bad MAF sensor and, yes, a MAF sensor can cause a no start situation. When you disconnect the sensor, the car ignores the input and, in some cases, assigns a default value to the parameter which can cause the engine to stall out, or, in some cases, not to start again. I recommend replacing the MAF sensor and the MAP sensor and retesting the system. The MAF and MAP sensor work together with the computer parameters.

If you need assistance in troubleshooting the no start issue, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to determine why the car is not starting.