Q: Is $450 reasonable for a timing belt replacement? I have a 2009 Hyundai Elantra.

I bought this car used at 55,000 miles and at 65,000 my mechanic has quoted me $450. Is this a good price for this repair of replacing the timing belt? How long does it take to do this job?

A: Hi there. The average cost for a timing Bel...

Hi there. The average cost for a timing Belt replacement is between $259 and $350. This is determined on how the timing belt is replaced and if there are any other issues when removing the timing belt. The thing to ask your mechanic is how long will it take him/her to replace it. If it takes 3 hours then, the rate is $150 an hour. But if your mechanic is including the timing belt then it is a good price since timing belts can be any where from $100 to $200 dollars in cost. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with the timing belt replacement at your home or office.