Q: Fuel filler neck Grommet

I am replacing the fuel filler neck and trying to figure out the correct order of reassembly for gasket that goes up at the fuel door, do you put the gasket on the fuel neck, then install the fuel neck or do you install the gasket inside the hole on the rear fender first then attach the fuel neck?

Hi there:

When I’ve done this, I’ve applied the gasket to the housing on the fender, then placed the fuel neck on top and secured by tightening bolts. You might want to purchase a service manual for your 2005 Nissan Sentra to get the engineer’s perspective on how this task should be completed though.