Q: A/C not cooling in idle, only on high rpms

My jaguar is not cooling in idle, i checked and the compressor is kicking and the clutch is working, but the radiator fan is not starting even when the car is reaching his working temperature.

A: Hi there. This typically means that the fan...

Hi there. This typically means that the fan itself has failed or there is a problem with the circuit. I usually start by checking for voltage supplied to the fan when the A/C is turned on. If there is voltage there and the fan is not turning on then the fan is bad.

If there is no voltage being supplied to the fan then there is an issue with the circuit. It may be a bad relay or a failure in the controls themselves. This circuit will need to be tested with a voltage meter.

If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the issue with your A/C and help you fix it accordingly.