Q: Leaking transmission fluid

It looks like its leaking transmission fluid from CV-axle bearing. I knew it was leaking before but cannot afford the cost to fix it. I been checking fluid levels when engine is hot once a week. Its does go down but not a fast rate. It says above min line on stick when checked a week later. Can a transmission sealer or stopper fix this?

A: You are on the right track by checking the ...

You are on the right track by checking the fluid and staying on top of keeping it filled while it leaks. Unfortunately, a transmission sealer/stopper will likely not fix this due to the friction involved with a bearing a gasket type leak. The transmission sealer materials are designed to work on sealing gaskets and not moving parts with a high friction action such as a bearing. You may want to have a local expert, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the leak firsthand to guide you on the correct fix.