Q: Can I buy a Battery for my 2011 BMW 328i from anywhere and IF so would I need to take it to BMW to reprogram it?

asked by on March 18, 2017

I was told I would need a battery soon and was planning to get one but I got caught up in just jumping in the car and going back and forth to work. The storm came and froze the car and now it won't start at all. I made an appointment with BMW today but Do I need to buy it from them? And if I can buy it elsewhere, would I have to take it to the Dealer to get it reprogrammed?

There is only one battery approved for replacement into this car and is only at the dealer and then will need to be programmed into the computer at the dealer only. If you put in the wrong or not approved battery then you may have no charge condition and failure of the charging system and battery.