Q: My car shakes when I accelerate, but tires are not the problem.

A couple weeks ago, my car started shaking when I would accelerate up to highway speed. Long story I took it to multiple shops (including my dealership). I’ve had my tires aligned, balanced, oil changed, a bent rim replaced and gotten a new tire because each place sent me to the next to get these things done. The last place I went to (which was to get my tires aligned) said they have no idea what the issue is. They said they didn’t see any loose belts or anything. I’ve spend close to 1000 dollars but my problem is still not solved. Any advice?

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Tysiah. Thanks for contacting us tonight. A vibration like you are describing can be very difficult to isolate, especially if the wheels, tires and suspension have all been verified as being OK. Sometimes, issues like you have described can be caused by worn out engine mounts or wheel bearings. With 110,000 miles on your Juke, I would suspect the wheel bearings as the first item to check, as they typically begin to wear around 100,000 miles. However, before you have any more services completed, an onsite inspection and test drive by a professional mechanic would be a good idea.