Q: Loud noise when I open passenger door.

Passenger door makes loud noise upon opening. It sounds as if the strap is binding.

A: The only two ways I have ever seen a door m...

The only two ways I have ever seen a door make noise is if the hinges need lubrication or if the door is being resisted by another body part such as a fender. When the door breaks free in the second scenario the door will make a loud pop sound. If the sound is more like a screech, it is likely due to the hinges needing lubrication. White lithium grease is a good lubricant for door hinges. Just open the door, spray some on the hinges, then open and close the door several times. Once the lubricant has soaked in the noise should go away. If the door is stuck on another body part, this could be due to an accident or the door starting to sag. It is possible to install washers behind the hinge bolts to even the door back out but I would recommend having this done professionally by a technician from YourMechanic.