Q: My ford explorer 2003 is sputtering when RPM goes below 2000 when driving arounde 60 mph

asked by on November 16, 2017

I have a ford explorer 2003. Since a few weeks my car starts shaking sputtering when im driving 60mp and my RPM is lowering beneath 2000rpm. Between 1000 and 2000 rpm the car keeps sputtering. But when i let go of the gas pedal or i accelerate above 2000rpm than the sputtering/shaking stops again. Also when i stand still in drive in front of a traffic light the car is sputtering sometimes like it wants to drive away.

You guys have any idea?

You may have problems with ignition coils or spark plugs or one of the computer sensors. I recommend having a computer scan to get any stored codes that may give a better idea of what is causing the problem.