Q: Code P0171 at autozone took O2 to lean, was told fuel injector, drove a few more miles car overheated, took to pepboys they said 4

asked by on March 15, 2017

P0171 code, bay 1 O2 to lean, googled seemed about 6 things (pvc, o2 sensor, injector, etc) was told at autozone it was an injector. Engine light would come on and go off at times, but always P0171. Then car overheated and took into pepboys, they say codes x4 are thermostat housing cracked. Got email car is fixed went in and they said you didnt get a call, i stated got email car is ready. Service clerk said sorry but its a speed sensor. Asked what is that he said he didnt know. Can you help with this info

Hi there. I wish I could say that I’m not surprised; but this is par for the course for these two places. First off, the first warning code you received, the P0171 code means that, on the first bank of the engine, the fuel system is running weak or a vacuum leak exists near this side of the engine. A lean condition occurs when the engine either receives too little fuel or too much air. When the engine is lean, it runs hot, which may have caused your car to overheat. Your car’s speed timing sensor is in use at any point that the engine is running. Because of that, it is subjected to a lot of wear and tear. There are also other issues that could affect its longevity, including contaminants, debris and the like. Additionally, the wiring harness could be damaged, which would prevent the sensor from transmitting information to the car’s computer. I really hope these issues become resolved for you quickly.